Follow the steps below to create your Coinbase Pro account:
1. Go to https://pro.coinbase.com/
2. Select SIGN UP:
4. Provide the requested information and press CREATE AN ACCOUNT:
5. Coinbase Pro supports GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), press NEXT:
7. If you want to receive personalized e-mail messages from Coinbase Pro press YES, otherwise press NO:
8. A verification e-mail has been send to your e-mail account. Go to your e-mail account.
9. Open the e-mail ‘Please verify your email address’ from Coinbase Pro (check the spam e-mail if the e-mail is not visible in your inbox) and click the link Verify email address:
10. Follow the steps to set up 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) to maximize the security of your Coinbase Pro account, press Send Code & Submit:
11. Provide the requested information to verify your identity and press Continue:
12. Select a type of ID (Passport / Driver’s License / National ID Card) to further verify your identity and follow the steps to upload the requested documents:
13. After uploading the requested information the documents will be verified by Coinbase Pro, this can take a few hours:
14. You will receive an e-mail from Coinbase Pro after your identity has been verified. You can now log-in to your Coinbase Pro account by going to https://pro.coinbase.com/ and press Log In (or by pressing the link in the received e-mail from Coinbase Pro):
Configuation 2FA on your Coinbase account
Next to the verification process it is advised to activate Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) via an Authentication App to maximize the protection level of your Coinbase Pro account.
1. Go to your account settings by pressing your account name and press e.g. Banking:
2. Go to your Profile Overview and View or update your Security settings:
3. Press Security at the top menu:
4. Use an authentication method of choice. In this guide we use an authentication app like e.g. Google Authenticator:
4. Provide the authentication code you received via sms and press Confirm:
5. Scan the QR code via your authenticator app (e.g. Google Authenticator) and provide the verification code, press Confirm.
You can download the Google Authenticator via the app store. Press the add button in the Authenticator App and scan the QR code.
6. You now have enabled 2 Factor Authentication via the Authenticator App: